These packs of three Moleskine Journals, by South African designer Wendren, are a perfect Christmas gift! Delicate and beautiful!
A little more about Wendren: she started a label, Wren, in 2008, when she could not find a hand-bag that was beautiful, with a story, something not mass-produced and something practical and simple. The result: really cool Sling & Shoulder Bags, made of coffee sacks, 100% organic, no zips or anything like that. Get to know Wren here.
The American Cancer Society has been working to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. They can't do it without your help. The movement for more birthdays is about everyday people, just like you, coming together to make a difference. This year more than 11 million cancer survivors will celebrate another birthday, a lot of artists made their part, singing happy birthday, of course my favourite one is Jack Johnson & Zach Gill, no news about that!
Join the moviment, sing happy birthday and donate here.
Check here to see Jack Johnson and Zach Gill singing happy birthday!
Buffet Van Odette is a cute little place in Amsterdam where you can have a really nice breakfast/meal or just get a coffee and chill. At Buffet Odette you will find croissants, creamy yogurts, omelets, homemade soups, quiches, pastas, cakes, fresh shakes and sandwiches from early morning to late afternoon. Everything is made using carefully selected organic ingredients from local farms.
I simply love this place, it's one of my favourites in Amsterdam.
My dear friend Juss, from ToGroundControl atelier, is going to launch her winter collection at Casa dos Criadores, here in São Paulo.
When: Tuesday, november 30th, lounge opens at 7 pm
Where: Frei Caneca mall, 5th floor.
Querida Juss estará apresentando sua coleção inverno na próxima terça-feira, dia 30 de novembro, mais uma participação de sua marca na Casa de Criadores. O desfile será às 21h no shopping Frei Caneca, no 5º andar (área de eventos). O lounge estará aberto a partir das 19h, para um relax com drinks!
If you are in São Paulo feel free to ask your invitation here.
I've been following Kokua Hawaii Foundation for a while and I decided to post here about these 12 steps towards a green holiday!
1) When buying a Christmas tree, consider live potted trees that you can keep
2) Avoid junk mail lists to save paper, trees and our climate
3) Reduce party waste by choosing reusables instead of single use plates and utensils when hosting your holiday party
4) Give teachers, co-workers, and friends edible gifts, plants, or gift certificates instead of stuff that will get stuck in a drawer somewhere
5) Start an eco-friendly holiday tradition, when you go out caroling in your neighborhood, take an empty trash bag and pick up any litter you see along the way
6) Reuse wrapping paper or use newspaper, paper bags and maps for gift wrapping.
7) Use energy efficient LED lights to light up your home or tree
8) Create holiday cards from reusable materials or send paperless greetings via e-mail.
9) Organize a Secret Santa gift exchange, instead of buying gifts for all of your friends, family, coworkers, etc.
10) Give three gifts of time (for example, certificates for ukulele lessons, concert tickets or a massage) instead of buying items.
11) When shopping for holiday food and gifts, try to plan ahead and consolidate trips in order to save fuel and reduce pollution. Also, don't forget to take along your reusable cloth grocery bags to use instead of the disposable ones.
12)During the holiday season the most rewarding gift of all is giving back to your community. Make it a family tradition to donate to or volunteer for charitable causes during the holidays
Ps. this great illustration belongs to Steve Mack
Two weeks ago I had the oportunity to attend to Tulipa Ruiz's concert and it was amazing, not kidding!
It's kind of hard to define her style, I just have to say that you need to check her out!
Thanks to Jose de Holanda for letting me use his photo and for inviting me to this awesome concert!
Further On Down the Road by Taj Mahal, is one of the songs I like most, first time I heard it was in 2006, a live version with Jack Johnson, and since then I've been listening to it over and over, I never get tired of. it It brings me so many good memories and the lyrics are just perfect. Enjoy!